5 Simple Marketing Tips For Home Services Businesses During Coronavirus
Coronavirus (Covid-19) is having a significant impact across most industries in the US right now. There’s no doubt that this is a very stressful and unpredictable time for everyone and it’s certainly no different for home services industry. The way of doing business is quickly changing and I’m seeing many of the businesses quickly reacting to the changing landscape. These changes range from talking about steps businesses are taking for the safety of their customers and employees to sharing whether they are open and ready to help.
As we come to grips with how to operate in these uncertain times, I wanted to share some additional recommendations that may be helpful to you as you navigate this crisis.
In the very near term (April & May 2020), I believe that people are going to continue to curb unnecessary or nice to have investments until they have some clarity on their jobs (analysts are predicting up to 20% unemployment), how long this virus may be around, how we will return to normalcy and until the stock market is a more stable.
During these scary times, social causes are likely to get more attention from your audience. These strategies are likely to hold true regardless of whether you offer roofing, gutters, patio services, plumbing, mold evaluation, or any other type of home service. This type of strategy would also set your business apart from competitors and bode well in the longer term.
Here’s a good article about what major brands are doing during this time.
Unique, Community Focused Marketing Strategies For Home Service Business During These Challenging Times
Here are some cause marketing recommendations for the next 30 days (aka Apr 2020) that could benefit your auto shop and the community
• Offer Donation Matches – Donate $x to a local charity – food charity or ones helping first responders – for every service purchased or $x spent
• Reach Out To Current Customers – Many of your current customers (especially the high risk demographic) is likely scared and seeking support. So, I recommend reaching out to them to see if they need any help picking up supplies or medication
• Team up with a local food vendor – Local restaurants are struggling and people are looking for food alternatives. Consider teaming up with one such vendor to offer discounted food when someone gets a service done from your shop
• Offer reduced price or free service to first responders and their families
• Offer to use current business resources for food or supply deliveries – If your operation or resources allow for it, then this could be a great way to help out your local community while showcasing your business in a positive light
Social Media, Email, Mass Media and PR could all be a good source of messaging to get the word out about your initiatives. Most importantly – Speed of decision will be critical here!
Tell Us What You Are Doing To Help Your Local Community?
Comment below and tell us what you are doing to help your local community in this time of need. Please don’t forget to include your business and the area you serve and if you like what you read, don’t forget to share this on social media with your network!
Download Our 5 Actionable Social Media Tips For Home Businesses That Can Generate Awareness Immediately For Your Company
Lastly, if you need some help getting the word out about your efforts through social media, we have created 5 social media tips that you should find helpful. Please fill the form below to download.
If we can help you in getting the word out about your initiatives, please let us know. Our team stands ready to help you and our local community! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877.524.7696 to get started.