You’ll be looking to put some of your new marketing and advertising strategies to work in the new year. January is always a great time to launch new campaigns, too. And as an auto repair shop owner or marketer, you’re hopeful that 2024 is going to be a big year for growth, with boosted car counts and revenue.
However, if you’re short on marketing ideas for January, you’ve come to the right place. We’re sharing the New Year’s marketing inspiration you need to ensure that you kick off 2024 with big customer impact. These marketing tips and inspiration will help you put your best brand foot forward, setting an impressive pace for the year ahead.
1. Connect with Your Customers in 2024
January is the perfect month for customer appreciation efforts. Auto repair shops should use this time to build stronger connections with their existing customers and highlight those efforts to attract new ones. Everyone will be fresh off holiday spending and celebrating, collectively sighing heavily as life gets back to normal. For most of your customers, it’s time to clean up, put away the holiday décor, and head back to the mundane routine of work. And they’ll be more embracing of discounts, deals, special offers, and giveaways.
At the core of every marketing promotion, remember to focus on what your customers want (and know what they don’t want) from their local auto repair shop. They value you as a guide and a helpful necessity to keep their cars running. So, keep your January marketing strategies focused on offering guidance and tips they need without the aggressive sales pitch.
It’s also important to focus on supporting the local community. Demonstrate to your customers that you are their friendly neighbors committed to improving and participating in local initiatives. This kind of authentic involvement will improve brand awareness and foster sentiments of customer loyalty.
Here are some ideas to show customer appreciation and demonstrate your business commitment to the community for inspiration:
- January is National Blood Donor Month. Consider hosting a blood drive, giving back to the community, and welcoming new and old faces through your shop doors to join your efforts.
- Email existing customers helpful tips for winter car care, including how to unfreeze frozen locks and proper tire pressures for winter driving.
2. Celebrate Your Teams & Employee Anniversaries
The start of the New Year is also an ideal time to celebrate your auto repair teams and anniversaries. Thank your technicians and staff for another successful year, showing your appreciation and inspiring them to dig in for a successful 2024. Share these employee appreciation and new hire introduction messages publicly, too.
- Draft bios of those employees celebrating milestone anniversaries with your tire and auto shop, promoting them with pictures on your social media pages.
- Introduce new employees with headshots and experience bios online, too, including social media and even local news outlets as press releases.
- Don’t just celebrate staff employment anniversaries. Consider promoting those who’ve recently completed certifications or training initiatives.
- Showcase examples of how you support your employees whether it’s with fringe benefits, friendly competition, giveaways, etc.
These efforts harness two key benefits. One, you’ll be demonstrating to your employees how much you value THEM. Two, you’ll be demonstrating to the community that you’re not only a reliable tire and auto repair shop but that you’re also a great employer. A Jobcase study found that 61% of consumers are more likely to do business with a brand that treats its employees well.
3. Winter Giveaways
Another January marketing strategy that presents opportunities for improved customer engagement includes winter-specific giveaways. In many parts of the country, it’s cold, drizzly, and snowy – conditions notoriously hard on cars and drivers. Salted roads make cars dirty. Consider creating these winter-related promotions to provide value and offer help to ease customers during these frigid and often harsh January conditions.
- Give away a set of new windshield wipers with service over $X (select the amount that feels right for your business.)
- Send home a paying customer goes home with a new ice scraper branded with your business.
- Offer to wash customers’ cars for free or hand out free (or reduced price) car wash gift certificates in collaboration with another local business.
4. Festivities & Food
Win over your customers in January with food and festivities. Sure, New Year’s celebrations are over. But there are plenty of fun ways to celebrate other, more obscure holidays throughout the month. Get creative about hosting foodie-based promotions, capturing and promoting the fun across your auto shop’s social media pages.
Here are a few “whacky” holidays worth celebrating all month long in January:
- January is Hot Tea Month: Offer unique teas and blends to waiting customers all month long.
- National Oatmeal Month: While oatmeal may seem a little boring, it’s a warm winter breakfast, perfect for charitable donations to local pantries.
- National Soup Month: Bring in a variety of tasty favorites for employees to enjoy over their lunch breaks.
Here are official “day” holidays to inspire your food and festivities:
- National Spaghetti Day is January 4th
- National Bagel Day is January 14th
- National Popcorn Day is January 19th
- National Cheese Lovers Day is January 20th
- National Brownie Day is January 21st
- National Pie Day is January 23rd
- National Chocolate Cake Day is January 27th
Get inspired by these promotional ideas and auto repair shop marketing strategies, perfect for January. And when you need help building out or executing those marketing strategies, bring in the Conceptual Minds team of marketing coaches to help. We can share all kinds of brilliant and genius promotional campaigns that will lead to improved customer retention, increase in referrals, and an overall improved perception of your business within your local community in 2024.
Learn About Conceptual Minds
As veterans of the automotive industry, the Conceptual Minds team are experts at growing car counts through effective and personable marketing. If you are unsure of your current marketing strategy and would like some guidance, contact us today at 877.524.7696.
Need help with more 2024 marketing strategies?