Now that Halloween’s over, you might be gearing up for Thanksgiving festivities. But as an auto repair shop business owner or manager, you should also be preparing December marketing initiatives. Get inspired with these holiday promotion ideas for your tire and auto shop. Tap into the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and the spirit of the season, driving more customers and boosting car count before the end of the year.
Holiday Discounts Customers Love
Every car-owning consumer is looking for deals and sales right now because it’s the holiday buying season. Retailers in other industries are promoting holiday shopping deals, but so can you. And you can use your shop’s social media and website to offer great holiday discounts existing customers love but that also attract new customers. Package holiday specials and advertise “December only” parameters, creating a sense of urgency for those out and about to stop in and take advantage of your holiday promotions.
- Offer bundled holiday services for a variety of maintenance services as a one-stop-shop.
- Offer winter-necessity brake repair specials.
- Offer holiday oil change specials, targeting holiday travelers.
Prepare Your Community for Winter Weather
Take advantage of the anticipated inclement weather and offer unique holiday promotions to prepare the community for chilly temps or snow. Be a pillar of safety and expertise for your community’s motorists by sharing winter car care tips on your tire and auto shop’s website and social media pages. Holiday promotion ideas relating to winter preparations are great for both new and loyal customers and might include:
4. Free winter roadside emergency kits giveaways for prospects and customers.
5. Free de-icing kits as part of a wintery promo to bring in new customers.
6. Discounts on replacement wipers for first-time and loyal customers.
7. Free floormat or interior detailing for first-time and loyal customers.
Join in the Fundraising and Gift Giving
‘Tis the season of giving and charitable contributions. Drive more brand awareness for your tire and auto shop by participating in local events and fundraising. Join marketing forces with organizations and outreach efforts to demonstrate your shop’s commitment to the community. People prefer to do business with engaged local brands, especially those invested in their backyards. Today’s consumers are looking beyond the “discounts” for more meaningful connections. Partnering with a charity is a great way to gain visibility, without devaluing or monetizing your messaging. And there are tons of great charities to consider.
8. Be a donation center for coats or toy drop-offs.
9. Collect food donations for local pantries.
10. Host holiday drives for animal shelters.
Collaborate with Neighboring Businesses
Another holiday promotion idea to consider involves collaborating with neighboring businesses and retailers. Connect with neighboring businesses and retailers to create fun and festive activities and amenities for area shoppers. Combining December marketing forces with other brands can significantly boost your auto repair shop’s brand awareness in a big way. For starters, partnering with another business allows you to tap into an audience you may not otherwise have access to directly. Also, you can access an established trust with other businesses to build trust in your brand. Look to establish a holiday promotion that benefits both parties in targeting holiday shoppers. Some ideas include:
11. Do a gas giveaway to an audience of a nearby gas station.
12. Offer shuttle service to/from local malls for waiting car care customers.
13. Offer discounted oil changes through area businesses and offer to giveaway coupons to area businesses through your shop, benefiting both you and local stores or restaurants.
14. If you are looking to target a higher end customer, consider creating an affluent customer promotion with high-end hotels or establishments, offering shared discounts and experiences.
Give the Gift of Great Auto Maintenance
Your auto repair shop can be promoting car care gift ideas and gift certificates right now. These are great for customers who have new drivers in the house, regular commuters, and senior citizens. Make gift certificates easy to buy online using a dedicated page on your website. And have your staff offer gift ideas and certificates to all your regular customers as a method of upselling.
15. Gift cards are great for oil changes and routine care maintenance.
16. Gift cards make great stocking stuffers.
17. Gift cards can be customized to any denomination.
Transform Your Tire Shop into Santa’s Workshop
Another way to authentically connect with your local audience to build trust and community involvement is by transforming your auto repair shop into Santa’s workshop. Use your lobby as a warm pitstop for area holiday shoppers and consumers, inviting them in for coffee, cocoa, and snacks. Provide value and entice people to pop in by offering fun and festive activities, like:
18. Help parents assemble large gifts for free.
19. Offer gift wrapping services for free.
20. Invite Santa to your shop, ready to greet kids and take gift wishes.
Let Conceptual Minds Help with All Your Seasonal Promotions
Auto repair shops and tire repair centers have unique opportunities throughout December to attract new customers and boost car count. Get inspired by these marketing ideas, and let Conceptual Minds be your guide for all your brilliant promotional initiatives! If you happen to be limited on time or resources, our creative team is known to come up with fantastic ideas AND handle all the logistics, so you can focus on the daily operation while watching your car counts and revenues grow.
Learn About Conceptual Minds
As veterans of the automotive industry, the Conceptual Minds team are experts at growing car counts through effective and personable marketing. If you are unsure of your current marketing strategy and would like some guidance, contact us today at 877.524.7696.